This page provides a number of helpful resources, including samples of our products, useful articles and essays, and links to other related websites.
Samples of Our Products
- Take 2 for You: “I” Addicts and Your Moral Compass Isn’t Guided by GPS
- Blue Threat Proverb Posters for print: Blue Threat Proverb #1 and Blue Threat Proverb #5
- Pilot Reliability Certification Demo
- Maintenance Reliability Certification Demo
- Spanish Pilot Reliability Certification Demo
- Complacency to Catastrophe Firefighter Reliability Certification Demo
- Safety Culture Sample Survey
What the Experts Are Saying
- Peer Review Publication on the PRC from the Transportation Research Board, Washington DC: Exploring the Pilot Reliability Certification Program and Changing Attitudes on Reducing Pilot Errors
- The Global War on Error—Part 1 and Part 2, by Col Mark Schulte and Fred Wenger III (Marine Corps Gazette)
- Compared to What?, by Tony Kern
- High Ground, by Pat Daily
- Dragons to Slay—Personal Empowerment and Pilot Error in the Age of System Safety, by Tony Kern (ProPilot Magazine)
- Quality and Human Error—A New Tool, by Pat Daily
- Enhancing Patient Safety in the Trauma/Surgical Intensive Care Unit, by Kenneth Stahl, et al
- Fighting Human Error, by Frances Fiorino (Aviation and Space Technology Week)
- Darker Shades of Blue: A Case Study of Failed Leadership, by Tony Kern
- A sample of Tony Kern's contributions to Vertical Magazine: No More Safety First and Losing a Student (shown with permission)
- Our Associates:
- Next Bombardier SAFETY STANDDOWN
- Ken Stahl's Patient Safety Initiative Blog
- Chris Lutat's Automation Airmanship Blog
Convergent Performance is proud to partner with Embassy Suites to provide a discounted rate at their location near our office. Book using this link, or by calling the hotel directly at 719-599-9100 and asking for the Convergent Performance rate.
Professional Reading List
In addition to Convergent Performance's excellent collection of books, we suggest these books and authors as great resources to continue to develop your knowledge.
- The Checklist Manifesto, by Atul Gawande, Picador, 2010.
- Descartes’ Error: Emotion, Reason, and the Human Brain, by Antonio Damasio, R.M.D., Ph.D., Quill, 1994.
- Design Driven Innovation, by Roberto Verganti, Harvard Business Press, 2009.
- The Emotional Brain, by Joseph LeDoux, Simon and Schuster, 1998.
- Execution, by Larry Bossidy and Ram Charan, Crown Business, 2002.
- The Fifth Discipline, by Peter M. Senge, Random House, 2006.
- Fly By Wire, by William Langewiesche, Farrar, Strauss and Giroux, 2009.
- Good to Great, by Jim Collins, Harper Collins, 2009.
- How the Mighty Fall, by Jim Collins, Harper Collins, 2009.
- The Limits of Safety, by Scott Sagan, Princeton University Press, 1993.
- Living the 7 Habits: Stories of Courage and Inspiration, by Stephen R. Covey, Simon & Schuster, 1999.
- The Logic of Failure, Dietrich Dorner, Basic Books, 1996.
- Make it Glow: How to Build a Company Reputation for Human Goodness, Flawless Execution, and Being Best-in-Class, by Tom DeCotiis, Greenleaf Book Group Press, 2008.
- Normal Accidents, by Charles Perrow, Princeton University Press, 1984.
- Set Phasers on Stun, by Steven Casey, Aegean Publishing, 1998.
- The Speed of Trust: The One Thing that Changes Everything, by Stephen M.R. Covey and Rebecca R. Merrill, Free Press, 2008.
- The Structure and Dynamics of Networks, by Mark Newman, Albert-Laszlo Barabasi, and Duncan J. Watts, Princeton University Press, 2006.
- Synaptic Self, by Joseph LeDoux, Viking, 2002.
- The Tipping Point, by Malcolm Gladwell, Little-Brown, 2000.
- Working Minds, by Beth Crandall, Gary Klein, and Robert Hoffman, MIT Press, 2006.